The fact that the regulations in the financial sector are becoming more and more complex and are not easy to comply with doesn’t need any more vivid evidence nowadays. Companies are obliged to conform to increasingly stringent rules both on national and international levels. In these conditions it is important to be sure that your business purposes comply with all requirements imposed by the applicable legislation and that their fulfilment will not accrue any undesirable risks.
The effective laws on financial supervision and the implementation of the European directive "Markets in Financial Instruments Directive" (MiFID) into the Cyprus and Greek legislation do have a major impact in the financial sector. George Y. Yiangou LLC. offers you high quality support on various issues in this complicated field ensuring a successful completion of your projects.
Our firm has developed a strong practice in banking and finance and has handled a significant number of high-value and profile transactions on asset-backed deals and refinancing, particularly on inward investment to Russia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe, Greece and the Balkan countries.
Our expertise in this complicated field includes:
- reviewing and/or drafting, negotiating of loan agreements and security documentation
- advice on creation and perfection of different types of collateral
- advice on corporate and tax matters, stamp duty and proper execution of documents
- syndicated and bilateral lending
- acquisition and project finance
- refinancing and real estate financing
- finance leasing, indemnities and guarantees
- debt capital markets
- debt restructuring
- securities and securities law compliance